Saturday 29 June 2013

Bits and Pieces

It's been a while so here's a few bits and pieces that I've done recently:

First up, this is a Birthday Card I made for my friend Hilary. It was a bit of a last minute job so the picture isn't particularly original but I still like it.


Next is another picture I did when I was reading Captain Britain. This is Cap's girlfriend/wife before she realises she's a shapeshifter and just thinks she's some kind of feral creature. This picture kind of reminds me of a girl I know...


Similarly this one is from when I drew Open Window Man (Read Dial-H!). It's his sidekick, Boy Chimney, the living embodiment of urban pollution. I didn't get round to inking this because I wasn't entirely happy with it but I guess it's worth sharing.


Finally, a quick head sketch of Marshall Law. If you haven't read any Marshall Law (by Pat Mills, creator of Nemesis the Warlock and Slaine, and Kevin O'Neill of League of Extroadinary Gentlemen fame) I recommend picking up the recently published DC omnibus while you still can. The series has been in publishing limbo for many years and has finally seen a release in a nifty hardcover volume. It's a dystopian parody of superheroes with some great writing and spectacular, detail packed artwork. If you've ever fancied reading a comic where Judge Dredd fights a zombified version of the JSA this is the closest you're going to get.


I'll hopefully have some new, finished stuff to show you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment