Sunday 26 January 2014

Moon Knight and other, less violent creatures ...

My friend Adam suggested I should make Moon Knight to celebrate the forthcoming release of the new Moon Knight series (by Warren Ellis!). I love Moon Knight and was really disappointed with the ridiculous direction Bendis took him in. It seems like Marvel spent a lot of time stripping away the things that made Marc Spector/Steven Grant/Jake Lockley unique and then turning him into an amalgamation of their most popular characters to some unknown end. The snippets of interviews I've read with Ellis seem to suggest that he really gets the character. He described him as basically a version of Batman who's so insane he dresses entirely in white to make sure his enemies know he's coming. That sounds about right to me.
Anyway, here it is:


I also made this cute kitty for a friend who loves cats:



and another, smaller panda.


If you have any ideas for other ones I could do feel free to leave a comment. They're a pretty good way of passing the time while I'm struggling with more important work.

As usual thanks to Adam at Darkmook for the template for these.

No comments:

Post a Comment